December 09, 2008

My castles in the air

Just five minutes and the lab closes.. I'd hurry. This post is about other things I'd like to do in life. I'd write very briefly:

1. Modelling: Haha! Yes, modelling. I know I'm very thin, and have been nicknamed ostrich (lol!). But I hope they wouldn't mind having a good looking ostrich on ramp! Just how handsome I used to look in second year of college, when I had loooonnnnng hair.. Hehe... And I had really done some hard work in gym in first five months of this year. I had a nice body before gym went out of schedule. I'm a good looking guy. Yeah, someday, sooner rather than later, I'll walk ramp, to a loud applause.

2. Taekwondo: Oh yeah, the last time I donned the uniform, it was in class 8th. But the passion isn't lost. I know even when in Dehradun, I wanted to restart it. And even now, I want to do it. Haha, at one point of time, after graduation I was really thinking if parents would let me go to South Korea to enrol in a taekwondo course for four years. Hehe.. I'd certainly like to get black belt and win a couple of tournaments.

3. Rock star: Haha, the biggest and wildest dream perhaps. I know this is not difficult. I just need to practice consistently with guitar. But yeah, I need to work hard with my vocal chords. But I know I'm a good singer, as I've proved (after a lot of hard work) in the past. I love this rock star feeling!!

4. Break dancer: Haha, why not! With a little practice, I think I can do it. I can still do it, even right now, but not as perfectly as I'd like to be. I think I'm good at dancing, but would like to be better at it. Someday I'll do that too. I'll dance on stage, to a loud applause.
Ok, these are the burning desires. Would write about others later. Five minutes over!

**** Continuing a day later

5. Drummer: I remember clearly, I was in class 6th, when this madness of having my own drum set took over me. I really wanted to be a drummer. But in a small town like Balco there was no scope for it. It's been nine years since then. And I still want to be a drummer. The guy who taught me guitar said learning drums is so easy that one can learn it in a couple of weeks. Surely, I'd learn how to play drums.
 

6. Pianist: Oh man, I don't know anything about notes and all that musical language, how'd I play a piano! Haha, but I want to play piano. Had I not been into guitar, I'd have given my unbiased opinion that a piano gives the most melodious sound, given you know how to play it ;-)

“If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost. That is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.” — Henry David Thoreau

No comments: